Since I've been playing it for a while now, I thought I'd drop some random suggestions here. You've probably already thought some of them out, but...
About PVP, which I already put a small suggestion over at the Steam board (about toggling it on/off), but I also wanted to add:
- Perhaps new players can spawn in a safe/"lower rank" area? Something that will make it a bit easier for them to get a hold of how the game plays before they go into the world.
- Perhaps if need be (I don't think there's a need for this right now) add some punishment system to avoid griefers? (I want to say jail, kinda like in Age of Wushu - if you go through with your trello idea of an NPC friendly city that could be where it's placed? But it could also be loss of some kind of privileges.)
- Perhaps the club, which is the first weapon, can cost a bit less to craft since at first you'll be dying a lot and losing what little you get? I know it's pretty cheap as it is, but the first few times I played I just kept dying until I figured things out... (that or making trees and wood easier to find :P)
- Perhaps you can add craftable item "box"? So one can take over a house without proper "storage" (boxes that may already be there) and make some/more as needed.
- Can we get one type of camp fire that won't 'disappear'? It doesn't really matter if it costs more, in fact, it should cost more. I just think it's a bit of a waste when I finally find trees, get 30 wood for a wall, but have to spend some again to re-make the fire. (Then again, if there's more trees, maybe this won't be an issue)
- Totally non-important, but it would be cute if we could have little signs that we could place around for other players to read (craftable, of course). Then we could leave messages like "friendly, look for me at x,y" or "x's house"
- Perhaps crafting a bed? It could make it faster for you to recover health, or something.
- Use metal to craft 'lock'; lock can be added to storage boxes, so that only you (and people you allow) can open it. (Maybe make it so that it can be destroyed, if you want to allow looting, but at least it gives one more layer of security.)
- Can you make it so doors can't be placed down when not in the proper spot? lol (You know why I ask XD) Or let them place it, but mark it red when it's not in the right spot so people will know if they DO place it there'll be troubles. :P
- Would it be possible in the future to have the option to move stuff we've placed down? (such as the campfire, walls, doors, etc)
- Would be nice if we could assign people to be able to open doors too (so for instance if in the future there's more social features, you could set your door to be able to be opened only by you, by you and friends, you and party, you and clan... )
- Maybe make it possible for us to make something to bar or cover windows with? So as to avoid people shooting through inside - or at least make it harder.
About camera (from another thread):
- Would it be possible to make it so we can turn it? Would sure make placing doors easier. ;)
Other random stuff:
- Possible for wells to actually give out water? (maybe you need an empty water bottle or something, and can refill it, so that you get a bit of hunger back by drinking it?)
- A bit more resources around would be nice. More trees, and maybe the old cars or trash cans give random stuff too... ? Houses with fabric (curtains, beds), stuff like that? (I think the pork drops fabric, wouldn't it be better if it drops leather? then you can craft leather armor?)
- I know you've said you'd make female characters, but: female characters really would be nice! :P
- Be able to place our own markers in map? Useful if you decide to make your lair in the middle of nowhereland and then lose it... :)
- Maybe make different types of zombies: some really easy to kill so new players and respawned ones don't die at their first encounter, and others that are normal, and others that are harder to kill?
- Would be nice to have more types of cars in the future. (btw, I loved that you can hop on a car with someone else!)
- Say you achieve rank 1, and you die immediately after. Do you lose the rank? That'd make me very sad. lol I don't mind losing XP so long as I don't lose a hard earned rank. :P
- Will there be "clans" or guilds or something in the future? A party feature? Add friend feature?
I think that's about it. Sorry for the long chunk of stuff, just stuff we thought while playing through. :)